Good morning everyone! I am back! I’ve decided to take another stab at the blog world and see if I can actually make something of it…I spent a bit of time this morning reading through previous posts and expecting to be more embarrassed by what I read but was pleasantly surprised that it really wasn’t all that bad.
To start things off I’m going to do a fun “get to know me” quiz like I did in one of the first posts…mostly, it will get my brain focused on reflecting but also will be fun to compare 23 year old me and 26 year old me! I am taking the quiz I did but will likely change up a few of the questions as nobody needs to know what I ate or am wearing today…boring!
1)Five ways to win your heart:
- Smile! And make me smile
- Be kind
- Adventures! Let’s go new places and try new things!
- Real conversations…let’s discuss the world, cultures, aliens and anything else we can think of!
- Be honest
2) Something you feel strongly about:
- I had a hard time choosing what to write about this…I feel strongly about a lot of things…but let’s go with, getting out of your comfort zone!
3) A book you love:
- Book of Negroes–Lawrence Hill is phenomenal!
4) How many countries have you visited?
- 15: USA, Mexico, Dominican Republic, England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany & Costa Rica
5) Things you want to say to an ex:
- I think that everything I have wanted to say has been said but just that I hope all is well for him (to any of them)
6) Your views on mainstream music:
- I like it
7) Five Pet Peeves:
- Rude people
- Loud chewers
- Slow walkers that don’t move out of the way
- Ignorant people that spew BS out of their mouths when they don’t know what they’re talking about
- People that lie about unnecessary things
8) Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
- I wanted to be a “photographer of animals” and then a teacher
9) How important you think education is:
- Very important but not necessarily like “you need a college degree” type of education. I think it’s important for people to educate themselves (or be properly educated) on things that interest them and that affects them…
10) Put your music player on shuffle and write the first three songs that play:
- Shawn Mendes-There’s Nothing Holding Me Back
- Kendrick Lamar-DNA
- The Rolling Stones-Beast of Burden
11) Your Family:
- I have a mom and a dad that are still married–they are very supportive and I love them to death. I have a sister who is 5 years older than I am and she has a boyfriend who has a son. have a brother (half if we are getting technical) who is married to a fantastic woman and they have beautiful twin girls. If I listed everyone important it would take ages but my family is my number 1 and my biggest support and I’d be lost without each and every one of them.
12) Have you ever cried because you were so happy?:
- Numerous times…sometimes I just get overwhelmed with emotion and it comes out as tears hahaha
13) Your opinion about your body and how comfortable you are with it:
- I’m decently comfortable with it depending on the day. I definitely need to shed some pounds though!
14) Do you have any pets?:
- I do! I have one cat that lives with me, she is wonderful and I adore her to bits! I also have a cat that lives with my parents (he is a little nuts and pretty old so it was better for him not to move with me) and I call my parents dog and other cat mine as well. So all in all 3 cats and a dog 🙂
15) Your Zodiac and if you think it fits your personality:
- Sagittarius; I don’t really follow astrology or anything too much but from things I have read, yes
16) Something you always think “what if..” about:
- I overthink a lot of things so there are ALWAYS what if’s in my mind
17) Something you’re proud of:
- I’ve come a long way in the past few years when it comes to growing up and learning more about myself and I am pretty proud of who I am
18) A problem you have had:
- I’ve had some pretty big issues with self-confidence and my weight in the past and can be pretty sensitive about it
19) Five items you lust after:
- Plane tickets
- Money for traveling
That’s really about it, I don’t think I am very materialistic…
20) Your fears:
- Depends how deep we want to go haha, I am always a little scared of not accomplishing my goals but I would say my biggest fear is coping with the loss of someone important to me…
21) How you hope your future will be like:
- Happy and full of love
22) Your academics:
- I have my Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology
23) Something that you miss:
- Carefree days of being young
24) Five words/phrases that make you laugh:
- Tickled pink
I can’t think of others right now but there are a lot
25) Something you’re currently worrying about:
- The plans that I have set in motion
26) Things you like and dislike about yourself:
- I like my courage, my adaptability and my happiness and love
- I dislike my sensitivity, my reactive personality and my laziness
27) A quote you try to live by:
- There are a lot! We will go with two of my favourites “bend with the winds of change” and “everything we want lies on the other side of fear”
28) Somewhere you’d like to move to or visit:
- I would like to visit a LOT of places. Next up? Back to Costa Rica!
29) Five weird things that you like:
- Heated discussions (when I’m not feeling too sensitive haha)
- Time by myself
- Chicharones (Pork rinds)
- The smell of gasoline
- My family 🙂
30) One thing you’re excited for:
This took a lot longer than I thought it would, but I hope to keep myself busy blogging here and catching up on some travel blogs from the past year…stay tuned!!